CC Rochelle 2 Reviews?

Hi everyone!

It´s been almost 4 or 5 years since my last post here! I´m picking up the concertina again.

Last night I visited the concertina connection site and found that a Rochelle 2 is out now.

There is only one picture and no videos and I haven't found any reviews here.

Did anyone get one? 

it looks nice and considerably smaller than the old Rochelle.

thanks!

3 hours ago, Gaspar said:

Hi everyone!

It´s been almost 4 or 5 years since my last post here! I´m picking up the concertina again.

Last night I visited the concertina connection site and found that a Rochelle 2 is out now.

Did anyone get one? 

thanks!

Previously discussed including comments from Wim Wakker at Concertina Connection in the thread below, but no reports yet from someone who has played one.  I'd be interested in seeing that too.

I'm new to the concertina (been playing about a month). I've been using a wheezy old 20 button Frontalini, I like the instrument so I ordered a Rochelle 2. Should be here early next week, I can take some pictures etc if you'd like but I'm not really qualified to review it other than basic impressions. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 2:02 PM, Cerot said:

I'm new to the concertina (been playing about a month). I've been using a wheezy old 20 button Frontalini, I like the instrument so I ordered a Rochelle 2. Should be here early next week, I can take some pictures etc if you'd like but I'm not really qualified to review it other than basic impressions. 

Hi Cerot!

Have you received the new Rochelle 2?

Please post some pics and give us your impressions.

Thank you!

Hello, sorry I totally forgot to update! Yes I've had it for several weeks now, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I must once again preface everything by saying my only experience was with a very old and ill maintained Frontalini 20b. It played well enough but had a few leaks. Going to the Rochelle 2 from that has been like going from riding a sick mule to a Lamborghini.

It came very well packaged, tons of bubble wrap and peanuts etc, also included a basic how to play book and a gig bag. I've been using Gary Coovers books (which have been excellent!). Took some getting used to with the 30 button setup, they are much smaller than the buttons on my old concertina. They are significantly stiffer as well, which I imagine is due to the newness of the springs etc. Bellows are also much stiffer, again, new. I've been "exercising" them before I play with a couple full extensions to free them up. I'm not really qualified to comment on its playability but it's been very good so far, everything sounds in tune and it's quite responsive. Also it's much smaller than my previous concertina, I believe my old one was the same size as a Rochelle 1, this new one feels like it's maybe 3/4 the size of that. Finish wise it looks quite nice, everything is black. It has a couple little spots between the buttons that look like the paint may have been scraped or chipped during production and its been touched up with a matte colored paint rather than the gloss of the rest, but it's very minor and I will probably just touch them up with some better paint. Anyways here's some pictures and if you have any questions about it I'll be happy to answer them! 

20210502_195403.jpg

20210502_195418.jpg

20210502_195502.jpg

20210502_195529.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 9:21 PM, Gaspar said:

Hi everyone!

Did anyone get one? 

thanks!

Hi, 

We are the stockist of the Rochelle 2 here in the U.K. and have just received our first delivery yesterday.

The concertina  is considerably smaller than the Rochelle 1 and has a stunningly fast action and sounds wonderful.

Obviously I am going to sing its praises as the dealer, but be rest assured this is a genuine option.

We sold out on the first day we received them and hope for more instruments in the next few weeks.

Steve

1 minute ago, Steve Morrison said:

Hi, 

We are the stockist of the Rochelle 2 here in the U.K. and have just received our first delivery yesterday.

The concertina  is considerably smaller than the Rochelle 1 and has a stunningly fast action and sounds wonderful.

Obviously I am going to sing its praises as the dealer, but be rest assured this is a genuine option.

We sold out on the first day we received them and hope for more instruments in the next few weeks.

Steve

Red Cow Music