Morse & Co Céilí or CC Clover?

Has anyone played both Concertina Connection Clover and Button Box Morse & Co Céili?

I want to purchase one of the two. The Clover has the Wakker bellows and metal capped buttons that seem like a valuable aspect. Anyone played both?

I own a Clover (deluxe) and played it daily for over 5 years.  Some of my friends had the Morse Ceili, which I played one or two (only) tunes on. From my experience they are equal instruments.  The Morse has larger diameter buttons compared to the Clover.  Of course I am totally bias toward the Clover, which I love!  And my friends loved their Morse!   Both models are good and could be a wonderful concertina for you.  So I would recommend the one which “speaks” to you and has the features YOU think are important.   
     We have since upgraded.   For me it took 4 years before I could utilize the features and welcome the price of the upgrade.

1 hour ago, CooperSue said:

Has anyone played both Concertina Connection Clover and Button Box Morse & Co Céili?

I want to purchase one of the two. The Clover has the Wakker bellows and metal capped buttons that seem like a valuable aspect. Anyone played both?

I own and play both and like both. (Actually the Clover I got for my wife, but she lets me use it!) Best is to try them both for yourself; somebody in the northwest US must have examples. Like choosing between EC/AC/duet, it is very much down to individual preference, how your hands and arms work, etc., and you can't (in my opinion; others who disagree will no doubt chime in) intellectually choose one or the other unseen.

If you can't try both and want to buy something, try one and buy it if you like it. If you can't try either before committing yourself, I guess you can just take a leap - both hold most (but not all) of their new value if you decide to sell. It can be like choosing which car to buy.

Or come visit Pennsylvania and we'll have a nice musical visit and I'll let you try them!

Ken

Thanks Ken

I would love to come to PA, but not any time soon. I’d bring fiddle if I did since my concertina expertise is, ah, as of this time non-existent and I would not be much fun to play with. But I show promise, I think. Maybe someday.

I appreciate your input and FYI just did make a leap; I put a down payment on the Clover..