The Sweetness of Mary

And you've found a video of Koji, Yuka and Hirofumi (Tricolor) playing it live - thanks so much for finding this!  I will add an updated QR code to Anglo 1-2-3 to reference this video. They are such nice folks and really talented, with an amazing feel for the music. Their website: https://tricolor-web.com/

I don't know who Sakiel02 is who has posted this on YouTube, but if you have any doubt about the Irish music scene in Japan he/she has done a fantastic job documenting it by posting hundreds of videos of various live performances over the past several years.

I've also added this to a Tricolor playlist on YouTube that now has almost a hundred videos if you want to hear more.

Gary

Edited by gcoover

Bonjour Didie - the Tricolor playlist I've put together - 98 videos so far - can be found on the "angloconc" channel on YouTube.

Yuka mostly plays fiddle, but there are some with concertina. Also, some very tasteful piano accordion from Hirofumi (and nice guitar work from Koji).

Gary

Edited by gcoover

• 3 months later...

The really beautiful version of "Sweetness of Mary" played by Tricolor (Anglo concertina, guitar, octave mandolin) and The Corona (piano, drums, pipes, string bass) seems to have completely vanished off the internet... but the good news is I was able to grab a copy of it before it disappeared. The bad news is it is 34MB, but I'm happy to share it via WeTransfer if anyone wants to send me a PM with their email. 

Gary

Tricolor-Corona.jpg

• 1 year later...

Updating this thread... I've added the audio from the Tricolor/Corona version of "Sweetness of Mary" to the website: www.rollstonpress.com 

This is the one that matches the tablature in Easy Anglo 1-2-3.

Hard to believe it was written as a strathspey since it is so nice when played slowly and expressively! Thanks to Yuka for such wonderful playing.

Gary