38-key Bb/F Jeffries

david robertson

Comprehensively restored, with new 7-fold gold-tooled bellows, this is as nice a 38k Jeffries as you could hope to find.

As always, the restoration work includes new pads, valves, bushes and straps. The woodwork has been stripped and refinished in French polish,
and the instrument has been tuned to modern concert pitch (A=440Hz).

It's not unusual to find a fairly eccentric keyboard layout with Jeffries instruments, but I have ironed out most of the eccentricities in this one, and restored it to a more typical layout (though one or two oddities remain!) You'll find a full diagram of the layout among the pictures below.

Under normal circumstances, I would invite you to come and have a squeeze in Norwich. But since that's clearly not an option at present, let me know if you're interested, and let's see if we can arrange a no-obligation trial.

I'm asking £4250.

20200422_152109.jpg

20200422_152008.jpg

20200422_151901.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 11.32.28.png

Screenshot 2020-04-25 at 11.31.25.png

Edited by david robertson

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a beauty David and I'm lucky enough to have one just like it. If I didn't, I'd be after this one.

You're quite right about idiosyncratic button placement on Jeffries' boxes.  As soon as we stray away from the usual home keys, your box and mine have many differences and the layout differences between my G/D & C/G 46 key machines (despite being two ostensibly similar layouts)  beggar belief!

Sounds like I'm complaining but I ain't!  What fabulous instruments they are and How lucky we are to have them 

• 4 weeks later...