Manchester Learner Needs Some Direction

AdrianAttey

I remember 8 months ago I went to the Sunday night session at the Whistling Jig in Manchester and there was an anglo player called Samantha I think who was amazing. I didn't see her when I was there over Christmas but I'm sure if you pop in there one Sunday the banjo player, Jim, might be able to point you in her direction. No idea if she gives lessons though.

I remember 8 months ago I went to the Sunday night session at the Whistling Jig in Manchester and there was an anglo player called Samantha I think who was amazing. I didn't see her when I was there over Christmas but I'm sure if you pop in there one Sunday the banjo player, Jim, might be able to point you in her direction. No idea if she gives lessons though.

Not me .... :huh:

Hi Adrian

As you are not too far from Sheffield, can I suggest that as a "one off" you join us at the Royal Hotel in Dungworth which is at the North West corner of Sheffield and within quite easy reach if you come via Glossop. There you will find players of all abilities who are willing to help/give advice. The Anglo concertina meeting is generally around the 3rd Tuesday of the month. If you want to come then drop a post to either myself or to Mark Davies (who organises it) and we'll make sure you are notified about the precise date prior to the event.

Pete

I have been playing an Anglo (a norman c/g) for awhile now and could do with a bit of guidance, if anyone knows of anyone I can get in contact with for tutoring in the Manchester area (UK) I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Adrian

If you can get to Chorley, there's a concertina workshop every 2nd saturday in the month (afternoon). I think there was a link in an earlier thread.....

Jubilee Concertinas

.. and there's a special all day workshop - various instruments next saturday.

Chris J

Edited by spindizzy