New Scam - Jeffries Duet On E***

Ed Stander

Folks:

Just to let you know that the Jeffries Duet presently on EBAY is presently (and happily) sitting in my music room, far from the hands of the scammer listing it on that famous auction site. It is a nice concertina, but probably not worth bidding on, since it isn't for sale. Best - Ed Stander

I notice that the scammer has misspelt "Professor" MacCann's surname, so that the link to the maccann-duet.com website doesn't work, and that he claims to be in Plymouth, Devon, where MacCann came from (he seems to have done a bit of "research", but that didn't take much imagination :rolleyes: ).

This "auction" is still listed on eBay this morning, but no bids so far.

That's the second time this same well-travelled concertina has been "borrowed" for a scam!

Last time, rather than reporting it to eBay as a fraudulent listing, I complained to them about the illegal use of copyright photographs I had taken of the instrument and which were reproduced without my permission in the listing.

Whether or not it caused the prompt withdrawl of the item is open to conjecture, but it probably gave them something different to think about and to act upon.

Unfortunately, the current photo is not one of mine. :(

Hope you are enjoying the Jeffries, Ed.

Regards,

Malcolm

PS Nice amplifier he has listed too. Bet it's not his!!! :ph34r:

I'm glad to know where that Jeffries ended up, because I am the keeper of its close relative. Ed, where yours has the text "No 1.23" engraved, my 45 button G/D has the text "No 2.23" engraved, which makes me believe that both instruments belonged to the same Liverpool band at about the same time. Mine later passed into the possession of Fred Kilroy of Lancashire, before eventually finding its way to me via Chris Algar.

Chris