Neil Wayne

It seems it is not a good time of year for concertina players.

I am informed that Neil Wayne had a small heart attack last Friday. He is

presently in Derby Royal Infirmary's Coronary Care Unit, and beleived to be making good progress.

I do wish him a speedy recovery.

- John Wild

"All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth". I'm afraid this is a corollary of the recent thread about 50 year old concertina players. We're just about the age to start having strokes and heart attacks and things. Depressing, but true. I wish Neil well.

Chris

I am informed that Neil Wayne had a small heart attack last Friday.... I do wish him a speedy recovery.

My best wishes to Neil, also.

I hope someone who lives a bit closer than I is able to visit him and convey our wishes. Yes?

I live only a few miles from Neil and used to live at his B&B during the week before we moved house to Derby some 5 years ago. When I'm here I often call in for a chat and a pint but my job which involves international travel often gets in the way. I called Neil last week and arranged to see him this week or next. I just got back from Madrid yesterday so it's a bit of a shock to hear the news. I'll go and see him in the DRI and take all your best wishes.

Howard Mitchell

...  I'll go and see him in the DRI and take all your best wishes.

Howard Mitchell

I called Neil's home number to get some information and blow me answered the phone himself. He was in hostpital for 4 days and is home as he put's "with a lifetime's supply of pills, no driving and more walking". I passed on your best wished and I'll be seeing him at the weekend to take a look at some of the concertina fossils (his words) which he's been buying of late.

Howard Mitchell

with a lifetime's supply of pills

Tell him I know all about that lifetime supply of pills, and that I was one of the people he beat when he bought the "fossil" Wheatstone Chemnitzer!. Glad to hear that! Some good new on the health front, for once.

Chris

Well, Howard, he will be confused that I am sending him good wishes as I don't know him. However, we all care about everyone in our community and I am pleased as punch that he is better. I am keeping the good thought for him. :)

I was one of the people he beat when he bought the "fossil" Wheatstone Chemnitzer!.

I hope it wasn't the strain of bidding on it that brought on the attack ? :huh:

Mind you, Neil nearly gave me a heart attack last year !

I had promised to do my first concertina-history workshop at Eigse Mrs.Crotty last year, and (due to unfortunate circumstances) hadn't had time to prepare for it. And there was Neil (who has done loads of them) sitting, as large as life, right before me in the front row (and heckling). Talk about intimidating !

Get well soon Neil !

(And I hope you can make it to the next workshop, I got this amazing Russian concertina tonight that I must show you !) ;)

I had lunch with Neil last Sunday and he thanks everyone for their concern and thoughts.

He's well but has re-evaluated the urgency of his many projects in Free-Reed records and his B&B and holiday letting business and is taking a much more measured approach to life.

Chris Algar joined us in the afternoon and we had a great time looking at a number of instruments from the "less than number 1000" which interest Neil to the "good playable condition" which interest Chris. We must have had 20 or more instrument spread across Neil's capacious living room.

Howard Mitchell