Tune & Easy Notes Fiddlers Green

voyager

Only the second Live recording still getting to grips with camcorder and playing at same time! why do they make remote controls so difficult.

Have included three PDFs one all one one page, second over two sheets and third The Lyrics

Any replies or comments welcome

Regards

Dave

Fiddlers Green 1 Page.pdf

Fiddlers Green 2 Pages.pdf

Fiddlers Green Lyrics.pdf

Edited by voyager
Forgot Tune Title

• 1 month later...

Thanks glad you like it check out The Dark Island Post in the same area as this post, I love that tune a nice slow air, I recorded just using Audacity  Audio Software,it's free and still available

although not longer supported by the team that produced it, it is still one of the best I have used, try it .  The tune is the theme for a BBC Radio Drama Play about spies and stuff in the

Isles Of Scotland, is also known under different titles.  If you7 want any further help or info pls pm me and I will be glad to try and help

Regards

Dave

10 minutes ago, voyager said:

Thanks glad you like it check out The Dark Island Post in the same area as this post, I love that tune a nice slow air, I recorded just using Audacity  Audio Software,it's free and still available although not longer supported by the team that produced it, it is still one of the best I have used, try it .

As far as I know Audacity is still being actively developed. It's open source software so support is via a public forum. The latest stable release was a few months ago.

On 9/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, voyager said:

Have included three PDFs one all one one page, second over two sheets and third The Lyrics

Any replies or comments welcome

One comment:  For what it's worth, the song is copyright by John Connolly, it's author, whom I believe is still alive.

I've been told that if he were to sue all those who have recorded or published the song without permission or attribution, he would be a very rich man, but that he just can't be bothered.

In any case, I remember him as a fine fellow, whom I met when we both performed at a Polish shanty festival some years ago.  8^)

• Like 1

John's last name is spelt "Conolly" and he is indeed a fine fellow, as well as a fine musician/author/composer.  Saw him perform maybe 5 or 6 years ago at Ellesmere Port, and also again in Edgworth.

To be fair, I got my spelling online too.   "Connolly" was used as often as "Conolly" but the latter came from what appeared to be his own website.

When we saw him perform a few years ago, he had recently written several new verses to "Fiddler's Green" but I don't have them.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:16 PM, Tradewinds Ted said:

When we saw him perform a few years ago, he had recently written several new verses to "Fiddler's Green" but I don't have them.

I, for one (of many, I'm sure), would be very interested in hearing them.

And then there's the Morris dance parody, "When Your Bells Have Turned Green".

I don't have this CD but I'm told he sings the new version on his 2004 CD "Ranter's Wharf" which also includes the title track.  So not quite as recent as I had thought! 

His website indicates this can be purchased directly by contacting him, and he has at least two CDs since then.

http://www.johnconolly.co.uk/merchandise.html