The Flowers of Ashgll & Alston Flower Show!

Very nice playing Dick - and congrats re this instrument; I gather it's 8 inches across the flats (thereby falling right between a TT and the usual 64k BT) and goes down to the baritone F... Another happy medium - would love to try it... ?

Best wishes - ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolf Molkentin said:

Very nice playing Dick - and congrats re this instrument; I gather it's 8 inches across the flats (thereby falling right between a TT and the usual 64k BT) and goes down to the baritone F... Another happy medium - would love to try it... ?

Best wishes - ?

Glad you enjoyed the tunes folks.

Yes Wolf, as you can see in this photo, my 62 key is a fair bit smaller than the larger 64 key to its left, which belongs to Alan Jones. 

Unfortunately my low note is not an F, which is a pity as I play twice a week with a Northumbrian Piper & his Pipes are in F.

I've often thought of getting the low Reed tuned to F, but am a little reluctant to mess around with the reeds.

By the way, my wife Sabine is from Itzehoe & we spent a week there, 3 years ago. I should have given you a shout when we were over.  ?

Cheers,

Dick

wheatstones.*.jpg

Edited by Ptarmigan

14 minutes ago, Ptarmigan said:

By the way, my wife Sabine is from Itzehoe & we spent a week there, 3 years ago. I should have given you a shout when we were over.  ?

Yes - please do so if it should happen again ?

Itzehoe is about only 70 km and an hour's drive from our office, and the place where I once attended elementary school a long time ago (and what is more, there are two courthouses and a prison/jail where my job takes me from time to time).

And I would strongly encourage you to (have) put some solder on the reed, which I presume is to some extent higher than the F at the moment. This would be very straightforward work, and perfectly reversible as well... I did the resp. thing myself with two Trebles and my TT as well (low B instead of the D# which is redundant in ET).

All the best - ?

Edited by Wolf Molkentin
  • Like 1