Max Ever Online!

Most users ever online was 197 on Today, 05:59 AM
The previous max. was much lower (was it 29?), so I assume, it is a "bug" in the new software :unsure: .

Well, for several hours I was getting a program error when I tried to log in, so maybe it was everybody waiting in line until it worked?

Waitaminit! I think that may be it!

If the server registered me as having opened the main page but then "crashed", I would be "logged in" as a Guest, but it would never reach the point in the program logic where it decided I was "logged out". Then when I tried again -- hoping that things were working, now -- I would be counted as a new "Guest", while my prior "login" would still be in the database as "active". I think I had 5 or 6 unsuccessful entries. Some others may have had even more (I went to bed in the middle of that, and the problem still existed when I arose), maybe even Paul S., with lots of attempts as he was debugging the problem. If people who normally log in for 1, 5, or even 20 minutes were now remaining "logged in" for several hours, the overlapping "presences" might easily add up to a large number.

Those of you with more internet knowledge than I have, what do you think?