Caffrey/mcgurk/madge

Just to say on behalf of the trio that we had our second shake-down gig last night at the Wallasey Folk Club and felt warmly received. We certainly enjoyed it and had lots of good comments.

We are performing traditional songs in three part harmony with guitar and cittern from Ed McGurk, occasional limited bodhran from Nick Caffrey and anglo concertinas (they do like odd keys) from me.

For anyone curious to hear the result of this combination our next gig is this Thursday, 19th November 2015 at Derby Folk club at the Old Gaol.

Hope to see some of you there,

Robin

Well received in Derby and had a really enjoyable evening.

We all had to keep quiet for a few minutes as there was a ghost tour of the old gaol going on so not your usual gig from that point of view.

Good to see Keith and Silvia again, hope we get invited back some time.

Robin

• 1 year later...

Just an annual update to say that we have had an interesting year of festival and folk club gigs and have really enjoyed the fun.

One apology from me for not getting to Bedworth because of a failed alternator on the car (I don't recommend sitting in Knutsford services for 5 1/2 hours) but the other two managed without me.

Last night at the Wooden Horse club at Rainham was the last gig of this year but the bookings are filling for 2017.

Robin Madge