Here's another WIP which I'd like to share as is...:

Boulavougue - Johnny I Do Miss You

which means a slow air followed by a polka, with the air slightly transformed into dancing shape before handing over to the concluding polka.

Albeit running over nearly five minutes it's a live recording in one (first) take, with particularly the polka suffering from some tension, but I guess I couldn't do better for the moment, and am open to suggestions for further developing playing these two great tunes...

As always, any comments appreciated!

Best wishes - Wolf

Thank you once again for the feedback Steve, I'm very glad that you like this one and dig the idea of binding the two tunes together! And as to the convict song, I can very well imagine such lyrics fitting with the tune, will have to listen to a recording of that, or maybe give it a try right from the sheet...

Best wishes - Wolf

A really nice set, Wolf, well played. I think the trick with the polka is keeping it bright enough and giving it enough lift while at the same time adding the chords. Playing some notes short and brisk - at less than their written value - might be worth trying. But it's already sounding pretty good.