Back in January '08, I posted Hop and Skip, a jaunty tune of mine on my music blog. I played it along with a pipe drone and a long improvisational introductory section. Five years later I've revisited

Hop and Skip

with a new post. No drone, no intro, yes youtube.

Edited by Jody Kruskal

Back in January '08, I posted Hop and Skip, a jaunty tune of mine on my music blog. I played it along with a pipe drone and a long improvisational introductory section. Five years later I've revisited

It's a great tune, and will be in the poll for the SEptember Tune of the Month.

I've been using it for the last nine months in my rotation of tunes for stepping practice for my Northwest clog group, and the ladies say it's their favorite - makes the stepping a lot easier!

I generally think of the 'tina as a melodic line instrument, and seldom really like the "melody and harmony" or "melody and bass line approach." But this piece was the exception. Balance between the parts was very clean and nice, and the second part really supported rather than just being a bunch of harmonizing notes. Thanks for widening my perspectives.

It's a great tune, and will be in the poll for the SEptember Tune of the Month.

I not only vote for, I'd learn it and post it.

A lovely tune, indeed.