Easy Notes For Beginners

voyager

H all

I was recently asked where I got the attached file from, I am a disabled pensioner and my eye's are not as good as they should be!.

I have attached "my version" of Ar Erinn in an Easy Note Format for Beginers, I wuld like any comments or suggestion as to whether it is worth putting more on the site.

Regards

Voyager

:(

Ar Eirinn (Easy Notes).pdf

Hello Voyager,

did you create this format? Looks pretty useful in order to acquaint people to reading dots too!!

(I'm only wondering for what reason the natural signs are accurring...)

Edited by blue eyed sailor

Hi Sailor !

No I did not invent the system, I normally take an ABC file which I my lready have or one which I have taken from a scan of an Old Book AND THEN ENTER IT AS abc.

in this case I used an existing ABC file, exported it as a midi file and then used Notation Composer to make the original dots. Then I altered the setup to make easy notes

you can make as large or small as required.

The reason for showing the naturals was an oversight by me, "not proof reading correctly" but the software just put them in. My apologies. I have produced some stuff for a teacher

who uses it I believe for teaching simple melodies to primary/junior pupils to music on the recorder.

Hope this helps any assistance I can give you please ask.

Regards

Voyager

Sailor

I hope my fist reply made sense, this time Ive attached "Augusta's Favourite" Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which is one I gave to the Teacher This time the F sharps are meant to be seen

If you require any more info please email me I will share all I've got on the software and music file side.

Regards

Voyager

twinkle-twinkle-little-star.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
Ive attached "Augusta's Favourite" Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, which is one I gave to the Teacher This time the F sharps are meant to be seen

Voyager,

The F-sharps are still a bit puzzling. They're notated as accidentals, but the piece is set in D-major, which has a key signature of two sharps, and that includes F-sharp. Leaving out the key signature and writing each sharp or flat as an accidental is confusing. Does the program not provide normal key signatures, or did you do it this way by choice?

This is not what beginners should be learning, if they're going to sight read more complex stuff later on!

Cheers,

John