Be Gentle With Me - It's My First Time!

Nice site David.

One thing I've noticed accessing it via an ipad, the far right of the page is chopped off. I can just make out the left edge of the contact tab on the ipad screen. I assume this is something to do with the ipad screen format, as the page comes up fine on the office PC. Just wondered if android tablets are similarly affected.

I checked, and it does the same on my wife's iPad. Actually, both sides are cropped - though it's fine on my MacBook laptop. Any techy 12-year-olds out there who can suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Had a trawl on the internet- It seems there is a known issue see the link.

http://www.wix.com/support/forum/html5/wix-mobile/other/site-not-working-on-ipad

Something to do with ensuring elements are within the grid lines ( whatever they are!)?

Don't think you are doing anything wrong David. I think you have used one of the many diy websites where you use a set of templates and add your own content. If that is the case then it is the template which is failing to adjust itself to tablets and smart phones. The provider of the templates may have add-ons that will make your pages work on other devices.

Thanks Theo - I'll look into it.

Don't think you are doing anything wrong David. I think you have used one of the many diy websites where you use a set of templates and add your own content. If that is the case then it is the template which is failing to adjust itself to tablets and smart phones. The provider of the templates may have add-ons that will make your pages work on other devices.

Spot on, Theo. On further investigation, it seems there's a fixed width of 980 pixels. Stay within the width guides on the template, and you can read the content on any device - though you lose some of the background.