Jamring.com

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that I have now got Jamring.com website back up and running. The site now features

MP3 download of most tracks from the album (i.e. all those where I hold publishing rights)

Pictures from the original sleeve photo sessions

Audio extracts from interview with Neil Wayne discussing ther making of the album

You can also buy the cd CD using either Paypal or mail order

all the best

Lea Nicholson

Lea,

Thanks for mentioning that your site is back up. I bought the CD a few months ago and love it. I enjoyed the photos, it's pretty hard to see any detail on the CD cover. I'm going to listen to the interview tonight.

Do you still play concertina?

bruce boysen

just ordered a copy myself, mainly from the cover image alone.
I enjoyed the photos, it's pretty hard to see any detail on the CD cover.

There was already some talk about the cover art here, and about how impossible it is to make out just how many concertinas there are in the picture when the image is so small and dark (much easier when it takes up all of an LP cover).

Therefore, I have taken the liberty of posting a brightened-up image (hope you don't mind Lea !) so that all becomes clearer:

post-4-1095368969.jpg

Edited by Stephen Chambers

....which begs the question..............what are we looking at ?

As I mentioned in a previous thread:

These days I can hardly believe that nearly all the concertinas in the sleeve photograph belonged to me at the time . . .

Some were my personal instruments, like the 56-key treble Aeola #25045, my tortoiseshell Aeola and my Edeophone, others were instruments that I had for sale then (I wish I had them now !), but all were professional-quality concertinas, mostly by Wheatstone's. I'm pretty sure I recognise a 64-key Aeola tenor-treble that once belonged to Henry Walker, of Tunstall, and the Aeola miniature in Lea's hand is a duet-system one.

I've just checked out the web-site hoping for some information on what conceretinas he plays.I'd love to know .

Now that's a different question: If I remember rightly he was playing his own Edeophone treble and a bass-baritone that Neil Wayne had lent him, maybe something else too, but Lea is the best man to answer that.

Hi

I only played two concertinas on the whole of the album. These were a tenor treble Wheatsone and a single action Wheatstone bass (both eight sided), which belonged to Neil Wayne. That was my favourite concertina of all time.

I am not playing much concertina at the moment, although it is not beyond the realms of possibility that I might once again. The problem is finding sufficient practise time to get back up to scratch.

The concertinas are not so easy to see in the sleeve picture. At the time some pictures were taken with them spread on the ground and they are easier to see that way. I will try and post some on the web site and will let you know when I do that.