Bertram Levy At The Portland Old Time Music Gathering

Hey, thanks for posting these UTube vignettes‘; they were great to hear. Interestingly, in regards to another c.net post asking about turning up the volume (Geoff Wooff); it seemed to me when fiddle was taking center stage on these vids; Bertram Levy actually had to “tone it down” to let the fiddle voice be heard over his powerful concertina!

It certainly was nice to see these two boys in action after listening to, and enjoying, their CD .

With a Stage performance there are often problems of balance and the sound 'on-stage' may be quite different to what we are hearing as an audience. I feel that this might be the case here because it would appear that there is a slight timing problem with the Concertina and Fiddle videos which are not evident with the Banjo/Fiddle duets.It is as if they cannot hear each other too well at times.

I don't know the reason for this out of sync effect.. perhaps it is meant to be... one instrument chasing the other.... or are they playing just a little too fast for the speed that Mr. Levy's concertina can comfortably be played at ?

Also that Rattling Keyboard would drive me insane.... Still I did enjoy the Videos.. more power to your elbows lads :)

Edited by Geoff Wooff