Rock Chidley Bellows Papers

Theo

I remember the Goon Show about "Napoleon's piano", but Napoleon's concertina...?

Napoleon: "Nee Hee, you dirty rotten swine, you deaded me.....

I will not play these rotten games no more!" :angry:

Is it possible that the concertina was invented earlier than generally believed, but news of its existence was suppressed for fear that it would be blamed for Boney's death? :P

Well it just goes to show what can happen when your gold ink gets discoloured and your arsenic green starts getting the vapours . . . :rolleyes:

(So I wonder what really killed Regondi, all those hours practicing over a green bellows . . . ? Anybody got a hair sample ?) :o

Well what a great bunch of people you are.

Jim Lucas sent me some photos from his bellows, Old Nic has provided details of a printer he has used for bellows papers, and also suggested someone else who may already have some.

I have done my digital best on Jim's photos and here is the result. Next step is to talk to the printer.

Thans everyone who helped

Theo

post-7-1095592855.jpg

I have done my digital best on Jim's photos and here is the result.

Nice, Theo. Any chance you can provide a larger version of the photo?

I don't mean larger in terms of Kb, but in terms of cm (or inches). It should be possible to control the two independently, as with the photos I attached.

(As it is, I'll be downloading your image, then using my photo program to enlarge it for better viewing.)

Jim

This is just a low-res copy for the discussion forum. I'll email you a better quality copy. The final size is not necessarily the same as the image appears in a photo-editing package. I've not yet set that. I've also noticed that the paper looks a bit too "short and fat" so I'll need to adjust horizontal and vertical dimensions independently. You will also notice that the border is black, but the flowers are the original colours from your photo. The border was the dirtiest part of the image, and the easiest to re-draw, so I've replaced the original. If I get the papers commercially printed I would get it all done in gold ink.

Theo