Edgely Concertina

I have just purchased a used Edgely concertina from a bloke in Canada. It arrived in Australia yesterday.

I can tell you I am an extremely happy fellow. What a little beauty. The button layout fits under my hands perfectly, the tone is wonderful, the seven fold bellows an absolute delight. The quality of workmanship is outstanding. The only slight imperfection was a reed that was a bit slow to start. But after reading the supplied information sheet from Frank Edgeley I remedied the problem within about five minutes.

By the way it is a metal ended, cocobolo C/G with Jeffries layout.

I feel that my playing (advanced beginner) has improved immensely in just one day.

Like the book I have on Anti-gravity, I can't put it down!

Congratulations with your Edgley! I have an Edgley myself (#308) and it is a well built concertina. Frank Edgley can build concertinas ina any key or pitch you want it. He is also now building concertinas with Vintage concertina reeds. The concertina responds very well and it plays fast.

I have just purchased a used Edgely concertina from a bloke in Canada. It arrived in Australia yesterday.

I can tell you I am an extremely happy fellow. What a little beauty. The button layout fits under my hands perfectly, the tone is wonderful, the seven fold bellows an absolute delight. The quality of workmanship is outstanding. The only slight imperfection was a reed that was a bit slow to start. But after reading the supplied information sheet from Frank Edgeley I remedied the problem within about five minutes.

By the way it is a metal ended, cocobolo C/G with Jeffries layout.

I feel that my playing (advanced beginner) has improved immensely in just one day.

Like the book I have on Anti-gravity, I can't put it down!

I found the same effect .. instantly I went from struggling beginner with a Stagi to actually producing listenable, music-like sounds from my Edgely (#333). I also had to tweak a reed slightly, and re-bend the air button spring to let off some of the tension ..