Jones 26 key A-flat / E-flat Anglo for sale

conzertino

Several years ago I bought this 26-key Jones Anglo in Germany. A while ago I left it with David Robertson for restoration. For a while it has been ready waiting to be picked up. As I need money for an Aeola ES, I will sell it without having seen it after the restoration. I must say that I asked David specifically, not to do one of his usual perfect restoration jobs ( including refinishing the ends and putting it into an "as new" state ), but just to put it into good playing order and concert-pitch.

I will ask David to add his comment on the instrument!

It came in the rare original key of A-flat / E-flat and we decided, to leave it in that key. So it will be useless to most, but hopefully usefull to some.

It is obviously not a fantastic anglo, but it has a nice mellow sound ( "brought reeds" ) and might suit a singer or someone, who likes to play with brass-instruments ( it has the Salvation-army stamp! ).

Here some pics:

j1.jpeg

j2.jpeg

j3.jpeg

I am looking for 800 Pound ono.

Edited by conzertino

As Robert says, I have not done a complete cosmetic restoration on this instrument (which should please Dirge, at least!) but I have done everything necessary to bring it back into decent playing condition: new pads, valves, bushings, dampers and straps, plus tuning to modern concert pitch. I have also repaired and reinforced a small crack in one end, though by the usual Jones standards, the ends are in remarkably good nick. The bellows, too, are original, sound and airtight - the instrument seems to have led an easy life.

Obviously you are never going to get the speed and volume of a Jeffries out of a Jones, but this one plays pretty well, with a pleasant mellow tone, and it's a rare example of an Ab/Eb that hasn't been retuned to G/D.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...