Ambitious 12 sided concertina in progress

Presumably a Hayden. On commission?

I think you should put some gauze behind the fretwork; undoing 12 bolts to get fluff out of a reed will become tiresome. (I even resent the fact that you have to undo 8 to get into an aeola.)

I think you should put some gauze behind the fretwork; undoing 12 bolts to get fluff out of a reed will become tiresome. (I even resent the fact that you have to undo 8 to get into an aeola.)

Only 6 bolts on my 12 sided edeophone!

Bob, I counted a quarter, a nickel, and five pennies laying on the table in the first photo (where the instrument was still in its bellowless infancy). I hope that is not all you have to show for your various concertina endeavors.

You missed the dime partially obscured by the pliers handle. Bob's stock is going up.

Perhaps, but this picture shows 12 bolt holes, one in the center of each edge.

I don't think Chris has ignored or is disputing the number of bolts on Bob's instrument, merely stating that their own Edeophone has the customary 6.

My 16 sider Crane Duet, below, only has 8.

Anyway, nice one Bob. Look forward to further pictures as work progresses.

Geoffrey

Edited by Geoffrey Crabb

I don't think Chris has ignored or is disputing the number of bolts on Bob's instrument, merely stating that their own Edeophone has the customary 6.

Geoffrey

16 sides! Blast, I am undone.

Geoffrey

16 sides! Blast, I am undone.

Say not so!! Your creation is beautiful and I eagerly await upcoming pictures of your progress