Lachenal english for sale

kenneads

Hi, I have a 48 key Lachenal English Concertina for sale. The serial number dates it to around 1926 or 27, according to the formula on this site. It is in good condition and very clean for its age. The ends are intact and the only blemish on the finish is two spots of wear from fingernails. The thumbstraps look original although they have been repaired with bookbinders tape at some stage. The small fingerplates still have their leather covers although a little worn in spots. The reeds are steel in brass shoes and are in great condition although they will need to be tuned. Middle C does not sound on the push although I can see nothing wrong with the reed. The valves are still supple but some are slightly curled from storage. The pads seem in reasonable shape. The felt bushing between the lever and button is missing on one of the accidental keys, but unless I take it apart again I can't remember which one.The internals of this concertina are really in a clean condition. The bellows may have been re-covered at some stage (I'm not sure)and seem in reasonable condition - no holes that I can find. The concertina still has the original baffle material behind the fret work which is very clean and intact The pine box shows its age and is not in fantastic condition and the handle is missing although it will protect the instrument. Inside the lid someone has written "Many Happy Returns of the Day, from Dad".

Concertina Net is the only site I have advertised on. Of course if it sells I will make a donation. If it doesn't sell I will put it on eBay.

I am an Anglo player so I don't feel inclined to spend any money on this. I am keeping the price low, AUD$500, because I know it will need some money spent on it to make it perfect.

The Concertina is located in Victoria, Australia. Contact me for a quote for International postage if you are interested.

Cheers

P.S. can someone let me know how to upload pics for this. I'm an old fella and a bit dumb when it comes to technology.

Pictures would certainly help everyone. (I'm sure you know there are many different kinds of Lachenal treble.) If you click on "Add Reply", a new message window will open. Under this window you will see a "Click to attach files" button. Click on this, select the pictures to upload, and they will be added to your message.

I know that this concertina is a very basic Lachenal and needs some work to get it to a good playable state. It definitely needs tuning. The bellows seem to be airtight and as I have stated before the pads look to be fine. See the pics for how clean the internals are.

I would rather that this instrument was played rather than sitting around deteriorating. So here's the rub. You can buy this concertina for AUD$200 (GBP 131, US$205) or make me a reasonable offer. Shipping would of course be extra. This could be a great entry level instrument.

Cheers.

I know that this concertina is a very basic Lachenal and needs some work to get it to a good playable state. It definitely needs tuning. The bellows seem to be airtight and as I have stated before the pads look to be fine. See the pics for how clean the internals are.

I would rather that this instrument was played rather than sitting around deteriorating. So here's the rub. You can buy this concertina for AUD$200 (GBP 131, US$205) or make me a reasonable offer. Shipping would of course be extra. This could be a great entry level instrument.

Cheers.

Hello i am interested in this concertina as i am looking for a rebuild project to learn from. Please email or call me so we can talk more about this. entsforpeace@gmail.com 208 263 7647