Holmwood TT 56-key English

Mike Pierceall

For sale is my 2007 Holmwood Tenor-treble English concertina, made by Hamish Bayne. All of my time is devoted to the reed organ now, and I haven't played the Holmwood in over a year. I am the original owner. I recorded many tunes on the Holmwood, and it is a lovely instrument. Sycamore ends banded in Rosewood, 7-fold dark brown bellows. No issues. For more specific information including my price, please contact me via private message and I'll be happy to send a comprehensive folio of internal and external photos and links to my Youtube videos. Unlike some who would wish to get the highest possible price for a sale, I'd be happy to make it affordable to anyone with a true need. Regards.

Edited October 29, 2011 - Instrument is currently on hold. Thanks.

Edited by michaelpier

• 7 months later...

Many years ago at Petosa Accordions in Seattle Wa I found a Holmwood for sale, unfortuantaely I could not afford it at the time.

I have long regretted not selling my soul to buy it.

I am also interested.

Thanks

Jeff in So Oregon.

The pictures I've seen, the Holmwoods sure look beautiful; and they are T/T--yum. Maybe we should make an enmasse' pilgramage and visit Hamish Bayne. He looks to be quite the character! It might be a worthy field trip to (is it??) Scotland??

Hamish is a very interesting bloke, but more importantly he is an awesome player. I had the good fortune to hear him when he came to collect my Tina for its 20 year service I was dreading the prospect of playing for the Arch-angel Hamish as my fingers do not do justice to this magic machine. He sat and played in the kitchen for about an hour, stunning Orkney tunes the like of which I had never heard. A truly wonderful moment. It would be well worth the trip to the Orkneys,but contact him first as he is a keen sailor.