Franglo

Jim Munro

Does anyone know if there are any full cd recordings ,or the like, of someone playing the "Franglo" , other than the snippets one finds here or on utube. Thanks.

I just did a search on YouTube for "Franglo" and nothing turned up, can you direct me to some of the "snippets" of recordings? I'd love to hear what they sound like. Thanks!

Gary

Does anyone know if there are any full cd recordings ,or the like, of someone playing the "Franglo" , other than the snippets one finds here or on utube. Thanks.

By coincidence, I saw Emmanuel Pariselle, performing with his duo partner Christian Maes, at my local folk club in London, last night and Emmanuel did play his franglo. I bought his CD, Pariselle, La Nonchalante, but haven't listened to it yet. Tona, Thomas Restoin, in fact plays a form of duet concertina, made by Colin, rather than a franglo, I believe.

Chris

re thomas restoin and duet or not duet: i dunno about that....this excerpted snippet of the bio linked below, seems to describe a frangloish-mutation-ish free-reed-ish instrument, and does also allude to concertina, but....accompanying photos are of a boxish something....perhaps he interests himself in both a franglo-ish adventure and a duettish adventure....

["L’accordéon diatonique reste son instrument de prédilection. Il mène une réflexion sur les claviers existants pour aboutir à un instrument personnalisé, sorte de chaînon manquant entre l’accordéon diatonique et l’accordéon chromatique, qui lui permet aujourd’hui d’aborder différents types de répertoires, du plus traditionnel au plus moderne. Il mène sur le concertina les mêmes réflexions organologiques."]

http://jeanblanchardb.free.fr/Cornemuses/Thomas_restoin.html

Edited by ceemonster