New Topics Little Box at Left of Screen

I used to have a nice little box in the right hand corner of my concertina.net forum screen that showed one line new postings...

I unintentionally clicked the little x the little box went away - and now I can't get it back! I've gone through my profile options but haven't found it...

Please can someone tell me how to get that nice little box in the upper right hand corner of my saved forum tab back!!!

Thanks in advance,

Pamela

(I posted this in the Forum Questions... forum but haven't received a reply so thought I would try here).

I used to have a nice little box in the right hand corner of my concertina.net forum screen that showed one line new postings...

I unintentionally clicked the little x the little box went away - and now I can't get it back! I've gone through my profile options but haven't found it...

Please can someone tell me how to get that nice little box in the upper right hand corner of my saved forum tab back!!!

Thanks in advance,

Pamela

(I posted this in the Forum Questions... forum but haven't received a reply so thought I would try here).

I'm not sure if this is what you want (I think the mods will pick this up soon)

but try clicking on your name (top right) choose My setting from the pull down menu.

In there go to the forum tab (Just under OPTIONS) and play around with the topic display mode.

Chris

I don't know if this Moderator is a help; My version of this same box vanished some months ago and I tinkered a bit and go it back. But I don't recall what I did! Will chime back in if it comes back to me.

Ken

Thanks for the suggestion. But I tried all the settings and the box still won't come back.

best,

Pamela

I don't know if this Moderator is a help; My version of this same box vanished some months ago and I tinkered a bit and go it back. But I don't recall what I did! Will chime back in if it comes back to me.

Ken

Hi Ken and Pamela

I don't know how much information is stored online and how much is stored on my computer as a cookie, but on my computer are 13 pieces of information stored. One of them is a logic switch 0/1 labeled cnethid_sidebar, with a content of 0. I'm pretty sure if it were 1 the sidebar would be off.

Would it work to sign out, then delete the cookie, then sign back in again as a new login. I'm pretty sure that would do it, similar to using another computer. Otherwise, manually edit the cookie to 0 might reset it, then go back on C.net to see if it worked.

I couldn't find any information in the help file, or any settings in my profile that would address it. I thought there was a switch at the bottom of the main forum page to delete all the cookies, but I can't find it either.

Thanks

Leo

Thanks for the suggestion. But I tried all the settings and the box still won't come back.

best,

Pamela

Ken

Hi Ken and Pamela

I don't know how much information is stored online and how much is stored on my computer as a cookie, but on my computer are 13 pieces of information stored. One of them is a logic switch 0/1 labeled cnethid_sidebar, with a content of 0. I'm pretty sure if it were 1 the sidebar would be off.

Would it work to sign out, then delete the cookie, then sign back in again as a new login. I'm pretty sure that would do it, similar to using another computer. Otherwise, manually edit the cookie to 0 might reset it, then go back on C.net to see if it worked.

I couldn't find any information in the help file, or any settings in my profile that would address it. I thought there was a switch at the bottom of the main forum page to delete all the cookies, but I can't find it either.

Thanks

Leo

fascinating - it's not in the cookies; if I delete all of them, the box remains a goner, even across logins and logouts!

I run IE 7, and there is an option in Extras to delete everything including files saved by add ons. When I do that, the box is back...

It's back!

I'm a Mac user, so I emptied the cache (that didn't work), then reset Safari including deleting all cookies and it came back! Unfortunately, I'll now have to log into all ofthe websites I regularly use and get my cookies back again.

Perhaps if there is work on the forum software, this could be added as an option?

But thanks everyone for your comments, and it's nice to have it back!

pamela

That should have read, it WAS back.

As soon as I posted the previous message it disappeared again, so there must be some setting that recognized my user and turned it off.

edited:

But this time there was a small blue leftfacing arrow - and when I pressed that, it came back again!

So it must be an option, but once it's closed (press x) then it takes the option away.

Px

Edited by P Carr

It's back!

Perhaps if there is work on the forum software, this could be added as an option?

pamela

Hi Pamela

I should put my glasses on when I look for something. It's where I thought it was. It's at the very very bottom of the main forum page. It's called "Delete My Cookies". It's below the bottom blue bar. Sorry about that.

Thanks

Leo

Leo is on to it, I recall now that logging out and back in was part of what I did. Most web browsers will let you edit or delete cookies individually, if you get under the hood (controls or preferences).

Ken