My Elise has arrived!

My Elise Hayden duet arrived today, via Chris at Barleycorn. At first there were slight tuning discrepancies on A2 and B1 between the push and pull, but these settled down after an hour or so playing. I am very pleased at the build quality, sound, feel and appearance of this instrument. With the padded gig bag and tutor book which are included, this is in my opinion superb value for money.

On a technical note, I have never played the Hayden system before, but it already feels like a consistent and easy system to learn, and it only arrived at lunchtime (while I was out with the dog!) : )

I have never played the Hayden system before, but it already feels like a consistent and easy system to learn, and it only arrived at lunchtime (while I was out with the dog!) : )

Perhaps you should sign up Terence to C.net, then he can comment on your progress. ;)

Happy squeezing! :)

I have never played the Hayden system before, but it already feels like a consistent and easy system to learn, and it only arrived at lunchtime (while I was out with the dog!) : )

Perhaps you should sign up Terence to C.net, then he can comment on your progress. ;)

Happy squeezing! :)

Thanks Peter - who did that painting of you? : )

Hi Ray - welcome aboard.

I have been playing the same system concertina as you now have, and it has given me great pleasure for the last 35 or so years. For security reasons like Peter T, I don't publish where I live; but perhaps you may not live too far away.

Inventor.

Many thanks, Inventor, that is very kind. I live in Somerset - I believe I once saw you at a WCCP event, at Halsway Manor if memory serves me correctly. In those days I played a little Anglo, but at the moment the Elise is my only box.

Edited by rayhomewood