Played my Jeffries for BBC 2s Blas Ceoil,!

I got "not available in your area" too and I'm in Seattle (thereabouts). I tried finding it on youtube--can you give me maybe some search words? Thanks. I'm just learning, would love to see this.

Sorry Ann, I should have mentioned that the actual title of this YouTube, is the names of the four musicians playing:

Happy hunting! :D

Cheers

Dick

Just for all you folks in Denmark & Vietnam ........... it's now up on YouTube! B)

Thanks, Dick. I got it to play.

Unfortunately, there seems to be something wrong -- a mismatch between sampling rates? I don't really know -- that made much of it sound as if it was being dragged across a washboard. Sigh! :(

Lovely playing all around, Dick. I thought you'd sold your Jeffries? What concertina are you playing?

Have you names for the two reels?

Thanks and best witches,

David

Dick Glasgow {Concertina}, Adrian Jefferies (Bouzouki), Paul McAuley (Bodhran) and Jerry O'Donnell (Fiddle) playing an Air, a Barndance & 2 Reels.

Rathlin Air:

Turfahun Barndance: http://www.thesession.org/tunes/displ...

Kate Marie: http://www.thesession.org/tunes/displ...

Rathlin Reel: http://www.thesession.org/tunes/displ...

Chris

Lovely playing all around, Dick. I thought you'd sold your Jeffries? What concertina are you playing?

Thanks and best witches,

David

Thanks David, glad you enjoyed my efforts.

Yes, I sold my old 26b Jeffries a couple of years back to a young fellow in Cork.

However, suffering from serious withdrawel symptoms I took the plunge & bought Albert Canacott's lovely old Ab/Eb Jeffries 28b which he bought on the 26th June 1899.

I still haven't gotten around to having it fine tuned, but as you can hear on the video, it's in pretty good shape for an instrument that hasn't been played since the early 50s! B)

I just couldn't resist it when it came up. It sounds absolutely gorgeous, to my ears at least & cartainly not squeeky, like so many of those C/Gs. ;)

In any case, how often does a Jeffries of that age come up for sale, which has only had one careful owner/player?

Cheers

Dick

I got "not available in your area" too and I'm in Seattle (thereabouts). I tried finding it on youtube--can you give me maybe some search words? Thanks. I'm just learning, would love to see this.

Hi Ann M.

Above your post is a word that is also a link. Search that post for the word "Jeffries", and click on it. It's the direct link to YouTube.

I live in Pennsylvania, US. The BBC videos are odd in that sometimes they let you watch and sometimes they don't. :blink:

Thanks

Leo B)