Played my Jeffries for BBC 2s Blas Ceoil,!

I got a chance to play a set of tunes on my Jeffries last Thursday night, for a recording of BBC 2s Traditional Music show Blas Ceoil!

The show was filmed in my local Session Pub, the House of McDonnell, Ballycastle in Co. Antrim & I was asked to gather up 3 other regular musicians to form a House Band for the night. They recorded 4 sets of tunes from us, but if we are lucky, they might show two on the TV show, which is to be broadcast on Thursday night 18th of November at 10pm. I don't think they plan to use the Concertina set for the TV show, but you never know!

Anyway, they usually use the other two tracks during the Radio Show, which will be broadcast on the following night.

Both TV & Radio broadcasts are then available to view on the Blas Ceoil website's iPlayer for 6 days after that. While the four tracks remain on the website after that under each artist involved.

Unfortunately, I think this iPlayer only works in the UK.

Still, it was great to get the chance to play even one set on my Jeffries, on Northern Irish TV & even if it is only broadcast on Radio, it'll be great to hear this historic old Jeffries playing again alongside Uilleann Pipes, Fiddle & Bodhran. :)

Cheers,

Dick

If a recording ends up in the archives it will be viewable internationally. The archives are here.

/Henrik

Thanks Henrik, it's good to know that lots more folk than I thought, will have access to these clips.

Here's the link to the ARCHIVES for this latest series.

Where you can see & hear some rather tasty Concertina playing on the Video clips of the group Loscaid

Cheers

Dick

If a recording ends up in the archives it will be viewable internationally. The archives are here.

/Henrik

Thanks Henrik, it's good to know that lots more folk than I thought, will have access to these clips.

Here's the link to the ARCHIVES for this latest series.

Where you can see & hear some rather tasty Concertina playing on the Video clips of the group Loscaid

Cheers

Dick

I'm in Vietnam at the moment and can't view the videos, they're not "viewable in my region" :-(

I'm in Vietnam at the moment and can't view the videos, they're not "viewable in my region" :-(

Seems fair, cause I can't get Vietnam TV on my Computer either! ;)

Well, I also used a US proxy (which I use to connect to Facebook from here, since it's blocked in Vietnam) and couldn't see the videos either! A bit unfair ;-)

Unfortunately, I think this iPlayer only works in the UK.

Cheers,

Dick

Hi Dick

Surprised me. That link works for me in the US, but the archives don't. It's beyond my comprehension. :blink:

Thanks

Leo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HallelujahAl!

Well the show aired last night & now our set which features my Jeffries, playing Air, Barndance & 2 Reels, can be seen on the site's Archive ...

HERE!

Cheers

Dick

Great stuff Dick! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AL

Well the show aired last night & now our set which features my Jeffries, playing Air, Barndance & 2 Reels, can be seen on the site's Archive ...

HERE!

Great stuff Dick! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Wish I could enjoy it, too.

As usual, it's "Not available in your area." I.e., not in Denmark.

So much for the European "Union"!

I got "not available in your area" too and I'm in Seattle (thereabouts). I tried finding it on youtube--can you give me maybe some search words? Thanks. I'm just learning, would love to see this.

I got "not available in your area" too and I'm in Seattle (thereabouts). I tried finding it on youtube--can you give me maybe some search words? Thanks. I'm just learning, would love to see this.

Hi Ann M.

Above your post is a word that is also a link. Search that post for the word "Jeffries", and click on it. It's the direct link to YouTube.

I live in Pennsylvania, US. The BBC videos are odd in that sometimes they let you watch and sometimes they don't. :blink:

Thanks

Leo B)