My new CD is done

Dear friends, I am happy to say I have finally released my CD. I have been playing traditional music most of my adult life, and with many people over the years. This recording is my duo Coyne and Reeves, and is available for sales on cdbaby.com/coynereeves. It is also available for download of whole cd or individual tracks. I have been playing music with John Coyne since 1994, and he is one of my dearest friends. We travel to festival gigs in the US and play occasional pub gigs when possible. We sat down with the mics running to capture a live performance without overdubs, and massive production edits. The result is the cd. I look forward to comments, or even slagging about my playing here. I would also appreciate any comments that could be posted on the comment section for our cd baby page. We will be on itunes soon, but not there yet. The cd is available for sale at Custy's in Ennis, and we had a track played on Clare FM show The West Wind. Please let me know via a pm if any are interested in the cd or download cards. I am listing 4 for free

below. Please try not to be greedy and only use one key per user.

1JHQP8-FRUAWA

VW3ZJV-BEIB1U

PCBK8L-MS1631

BR83P8-9ZRB51

http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/CoyneReeves look for the icon of redeem download cards. If all 4 have been used, you can still preview the tracks.

Thank you, Lawrence! I just used the first download key successfully and briefly sampled a few tracks, which sounded great. I look forward to giving it a more careful listen.

Lovely, unhurried, and intimate playing and singing. And a very well done recording: listening through headphones today, it was as if you guys were right here in my living room. Just slightly disappointed that your concertina playing only appears on a couple of tracks. :)

My favorite cuts are your flute solo, "Place True Love Thy Arms Around Me," and the Van Morrison song, "And It Stoned Me," a changeup selection that fits in very nicely.

I'd like to know a little more about Coyne & Reeves, and I suspect that shoppers on CD Baby would appreciate more information. I suggest you add some short bios to your CD Baby page a and also list the instruments you play, so that, for example, your CD will come up when someone searches on concertina or bouzouki.

One more thing: What does the title ("ceann eile le d'thoil") mean?

Thanks again!

Thank you for the kind words about the recording. If you like the live sound of it, all I can say is...ah great. We worked with a brilliant engineer name Thomas Eaton at his studio in Newburyport Massachusetts. He had never recorded a trad group, but is a gifted musician, and an engineer that is all about not creating a room, but using the natural acoustics of one. I had posted last year that I was experimenting with concertina sound in various spaces to see what the room does to help or hinder the tone. Tom spent about 15 to 20 minutes with each of us to establish our live sound to his ear, then experimented for a few moments with microphones. Once he felt good about what he was hearing in the control room, we came in to listen and comment about sound and presence. Still no eq no effects, just the room. We then went back into the studio and sat down to play music sitting across from each other, just as we have done for years almost like in a kitchen having tea or pints. A shipping blanket had to be suspended between us about mid chest level so we didn't have a smearing of instruments in the mics. Off we went from 10 til 12:30, had a lunch break and came back in. We recorded until 4 on that Saturday, went back to John's house and had a party and session till 5 am. We got up, and drove back the half hour to the studio and at 10 am stared again. We recorded until 4, drove down to Providence for a gig, back to another late night session in Boston. Monday morning we were at the last half day of recording. We sat in our chairs and played some more, broke at 4 and went to play at gig at Harvard Square in Cambridge. Oh yeah, another late night of tunes and then a flight home to Florida. I played as much concertina in the session as I had time for, and the fact is I still consider myself a flute player that dabbles on the concertina. I used my Suttner Bb/ F for the tracks of tunes, and my old Shakespeare for the song back up on track 3. I played Olwell D and Eb flutes, and a Sindt C whistle. John plays a Foley bouzouki and a Taylor guitar ( replaced the Takamine that Delta Airlines smashed to bits after refusing him to bring it onboard in a gig bag). His voice is that of a former rock singer / street busker/ and all around dude from Ballinacurra Limerick. His wife Lisa, a brilliant flute player and singer and a session leader in Boston sang back up vocals on one song that was just needing a little kick.

The title of ceann eile le d"thoil translates from another one if you please. John and I, although not fluent in our Irish use some amongst ourselves, and his children. We really wanted to say one more for the road, but realized it might put some off. We thought about it for a while and decided to screw it and put us on the cover with pint glasses and sitting in the kitchen. "Another please" could mean another tune, or another pint. If anyone wants a copy of the cd to hear the real acoustics of the recording can either pick it up from CDBaby if in the US, or Custy's if in Europe. I can also send direct if you email me personally and work out the shipping and prices.