Interesting 64 key Edeophone for sale on Ebay

Chris Drinkwater

There is an interesting wooden-ended 64 key Edeophone English concertina for sale on Ebay at the moment. The link is here. I've not come across one of these for sale before. The seller doesn't seem to know much about it. Having 64 keys, it could either be a baritone-treble or a tenor-extended treble. I have contacted the seller to see if they can tell me what the lowest note and highest notes are.

Chris

Edited by Chris Drinkwater

I've had a reply from the seller. He thinks that it is most likely to be a tenor-extended treble as there seems to be a lot more very high/higher-pitched notes at the treble end of the concertina, than low/lower-pitched notes at the bass end. I am interested to see what it sells for.

Chris

I bought one like this from Mark Davies (I think) in 1975. It had 63 keys and was a piccolo-treble. It had a beautifull flute like tone. It also had RIVETED ACTION !!, and aluminium alloy reed frames. I cannot remember its number but I do know who I sold it to and I feel sure he will still have it.

Geoff.

Looks like pretty much the same model as one that I borrowed from Bob Senior and playing in the ICA competition in around 1992. They're not that uncommon are they? It was good... but the sound quality wasn't as good as a top quality Wheatstone, I think.

I contacted the seller. The box is 7,5" across. He played me a few notes on the phone - so I know that it is a double-extended treble or as you might put it a treble-piccolo?!? It seems to be air-tight and in good condition. She sounded really nice. Not for me though - I had hoped that it was a baritone... And he has a substantial reserve on it.