Hohner D40

Well Jim I was only teasing and thought for sure that people would be aware of that.

Well, so was I... with the possible exception of my response to your suggestion that people needed to be converted to liking the accordion. I tried to make my response one that could be taken with humor, regardless of how serious you might be about that. Apparently I failed. Sorry. :(

And I felt somewhat attacked by you.
Sorry. Not my intent.
But I am not going to give up a forum I enjoy.
Good! :)
And I am not going to forbid myself from ever mentioning accordions.
I never said -- or even thought -- you should.
I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.
I think if anyone has come to feel uncomfortable, it's you. I hope it doesn't last.
And I am definitely sorry that you took some of the joy of reading this forum from me.
Please do us both a favor and take it back.
I hope we can have enjoyable interchanges in the future.  I have enjoyed your posts in the past.
Likewise. :)

Would I get in trouble (with both sides) if I said I was a Melodeon player? :D :D :D :D :D

By the way, sorry for not introducing myself in the Wheatstone post. My name is Andy, and I'm a Melodeon player looking for the right Concertina, living in Wakefield, England.

Helen,how about May Day,Oh thats gone what a pity!! :rolleyes:

I can understand your situation Helen,someone in the World has to play a Piano Accordion and you are the one.Still I understand you are rather good at it,but to play it in preference to a concertina! Well er, just keep taking the tablets and I am sure you will get over it.

Al B)

Would I get in trouble (with both sides) if I said I was a Melodeon player?  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Which sides would those be? :unsure:

I think you'll be welcome for melody-on both the English and Irish sides.

But if you want to play harmony-um, you may not be welcome in all Irish sessions. ;)

But the important thing is to play with the dancing, even if the dance itself is contra. :D

Now now Alan, I'd take the little tablets if you'd quit stealing them.

No you can't have May Day. It's already past. We need a day not too far in the future as some of us have short attention spans. No need for just one day. How about one a season. Which day would you like for the summer Alan Day Day?

Well Andy if you are quite sure, okay.

And Alan, stop stirring up trouble. I don't play the piano accordion in preference to the concertina. In fact I am looking into playing them at the same time so neither one gets jealous. I can just see what my dogs will do. Oh the howling.

Really, Andy, are you quite sure ...

Helen