Chel;sea Fower Show tune

It is on I player Yesterdays BBC Final show 6.05 PM it is the closing piece of music played for the credits and has been closing the show the whole week. Just go to the very end (unless you like flowers).

al

It is on I player Yesterdays BBC Final show 6.05 PM it is the closing piece of music played for the credits and has been closing the show the whole week. Just go to the very end (unless you like flowers).

al

Al - I tried two programmes and all I was coming up with was a sort of new agey filler piano piece of about 30 seconds long. Are you sure the one you're referring to was on for every programme ? :(

al

Al - I tried two programmes and all I was coming up with was a sort of new agey filler piano piece of about 30 seconds long. Are you sure the one you're referring to was on for every programme ? :(

That's the one Irene it would make a great Concertina tune (in my opinion)

Our tastes do vary a bit however

Al

al

That's the one Irene it would make a great Concertina tune (in my opinion)

Our tastes do vary a bit however

Al

Ah - whoops! Me being dense there !! Sorry. :rolleyes: I was looking for something a bit longer than that, and thought I'd missed it/got the wrong programme etc. Might have to go and have another listen.

It makes me curious.

can you record a WAV or MP3 while playing the BBC video?

Many people outside UK cannot play the BBC videos.

Thanks,

Marien

This is the little tune very short and not a very good recording owing to the background noise.

I hope it satisfies your curiosity

Al

Hi Al,

No you´re not the only one, I like the tune.

But somehow I feel that it is incomplete.

If I listen again it feels like the first part is played 3 times and then the second part is 2 times.

As this missees partly / it feels that (in the beginning) / a part is missing.

At the end, the loud beat sounds like it has been added / stopping the original tune quite rudely (as if we did not hear that),

To me it appears that it is a snippet of a tune that has more variations and that may last 2 or 3 minutes...

Hoping this does not make sense.

Marien

As it comes across , like a midi sound file, it is a bit souless but I'm sure if played as an dro it would have some life. Al it must be your affection for French or Breton music that made you home in.

Edited by michael sam wild

Similar start Marien but not this one. It reminds me a lot of a classical piece of music played on the organ, but again it is not that one. The person who wrote this tune might have bent the classical tune however.

I think on just the snippet you could finish up with an A and B but it would be nice if there was more to it. It rather lends itself to an English or Duet Rod, but I would certainly like to give it a go if we can find the tune.

Al

It fits for dancing an 'an dro' but there is loads of them. To bad that the 2 polig monjarret breton music bible (about 6000 tunes) is not available in tune finder.

A part of the tune shows some similarity with Irish reels I know, such as the second part of master crawlies (planxty version).