March from Scipio

michael sam wild

I've got quite taken with Andy Turner's track 4 on Anglo International Disk 3. He plays it in D on a G/D Anglo along with another cracker Iron Legs

I love that Grenadier Guards sound. I've got a 30 button C/G so my chord options are a bit limited in D . Should I persevere on the C/G in D or transpose to key of C for a fuller sound.

I don't know what key Handel wrote it in - the band seem to be doing it in Eb

Edited by michael sam wild

I recommend playing "Trumpet and Air " by Purcell another Triumphant March.

I first heard this march played by John Watcham and I have never heard it played as well since.I tried to get John to record this for A.I, but sadly he did not have time to practice it. A great shame. If he had recorded it I certainly would not be playing it in public.

On a CG box it starts with three G notes the first two play with a C Chord the third with a G Chord.

It also makes a superb Hop Step tune, but Purcell spins a bit in his grave at that speed.

Al

Thanks Al

By the way where can I get any other recordings of Andy T and John W

It would be nice to have a web based discography of the musicians on A.I. Would it?wink.gif

John Watcham's recordings were a one off sadly. There has been posted recently by Chris Timmins a recording of

Mr Gladstone's Bag that of course features John.A very funny act.

Al

By the way where can I get any other recordings of Andy T

If you follow this link, it will show Andy's various line-ups. I particularly like Magpie Lane; nice mix of vocals and instrumentals.

http://www.myspace.com/andy_turner

As an aside, I first met Andy at the World Marbles Championship of 1984; his morris team entered!

As an aside, I first met Andy at the World Marbles Championship of 1984; his morris team entered!

A walking distance from my house.

The Ring has now been repositioned back in the centre of the Car park after it was horrifically dug up from it's traditional position to be put on the grass verge. Good News from Tinsley Green home of The World Marbles Championships.

Al

A walking distance from my house.

The Ring has now been repositioned back in the centre of the Car park after it was horrifically dug up from it's traditional position to be put on the grass verge. Good News from Tinsley Green home of The World Marbles Championships.

Al

So you DID lose your marbles! - that explains so much of your manic genius; and why, without embarrasment in public, you suddenly burst into action, twiddling your fingers all over the place at great speed while everyone else in the pub is sat quietly with their hands on their lap. I believe the technical term is Concerperger's syndrome. :D

Edited by Kautilya