Looking for a 30 or more key anglo for under $1000 USD

Natural Druid

Hi I'm looking for a 30 or more key anglo concertina for under $1000 USD or less. I have seen the Rochelles at Button Box and am considering one of those. Does anyone have any other suggestions or know where I can get what I'm looking for.

I am a new player but I have done quite a bit of research before deciding what to get and I realize that concertinas are not cheap and its relatively hard to find a good deal on a concertina with really good sound. I do not want a professional grade instrument but rather something with a good mellow tone. I have considered finding a Lachenal with brass reeds ( Yes I know they are more prone to snapping off, but its still worth it.) because I've heard they are more mellow than most other concertinas.

A Rochelle is a fine starter instrument. You might be able to find a brass-reeded 30B Lachenal for under $1000. They do indeed have a nice mellow sound, though the reeds can be a little slow to respond. If you do decide to go for a vintage instrument like a Lachenal, you may want to buy from an established dealer or restorer to make sure that you are getting one that's in modern pitch and in good playing shape.

Hi I'm looking for a 30 or more key anglo concertina for under $1000 USD or less. I have seen the Rochelles at Button Box and am considering one of those. Does anyone have any other suggestions or know where I can get what I'm looking for.

I am a new player but I have done quite a bit of research before deciding what to get and I realize that concertinas are not cheap and its relatively hard to find a good deal on a concertina with really good sound. I do not want a professional grade instrument but rather something with a good mellow tone. I have considered finding a Lachenal with brass reeds ( Yes I know they are more prone to snapping off, but its still worth it.) because I've heard they are more mellow than most other concertinas.