I Think Its Broke...help

LDT

I thought I'd get my new Tedrow (Anglo) Concertina out the box yesterday and try a few tunes (nursary rhymes if you ask) but I found a little problem.

The buzzing has gone, but now when I press the air button it makes a note (no don't know what note).

Have I broke it? I've hardly played it. :(

WARNING: I am no good with technical things. I've been known to take apart a pen and once I've put it back together its not worked ever again. I don't even own any tools.

Edited by LDT

Its working perfectly again this morning....its really odd how problems seem to come and go overnight.

It's totallt normal, in my case anyway. My concertinas, in a few years, had different problems... My Edgley had buzzing sounds, and I used a little piece of paper to "clean" the offending reeds, and it fixed it. My Dipper had a few pads go awry, and Paul Read in Toronto fixed it easily. I think the changing weather has such effect on concertinas, but usually when you pass the first year or two, the concertina will stabilize... in my own experience anyway!

Don't be hesitant to approach Bob Tedrow for help with such problems. He's quite friendly and very helpful in dealing with any issues or problems with his instruments. He offers an informal but generous (at least in my opinion) warranty on his new instruments too. I've purchased two from him (so far) and he's always been quick to respond when I had questions, sought insight or needed something serviced.

By the way, my guess is that the problem you described was caused by the operating lever arm of the air button touching an adjacent arm for another button and preventing it from shutting fully. If it happens again, you should be able to test operate other buttons to find the one that matches the pitch and likely pressing it a time or two will clear the immediate problem. If the problem returns, I encourage you to consult with Bob on the matter.

I thought I'd get my new Tedrow (Anglo) Concertina out the box yesterday and try a few tunes (nursary rhymes if you ask) but I found a little problem.

The buzzing has gone, but now when I press the air button it makes a note (no don't know what note).

Have I broke it? I've hardly played it. :(

WARNING: I am no good with technical things. I've been known to take apart a pen and once I've put it back together its not worked ever again. I don't even own any tools.