WTB decent Anglo

mthatcher61

Hi Looking for a decent hybrid or lachenal/Jones. Preferrable 30 button C/G but I'd entertain D's A's or 26 buttons. I am on a low budget of $1400. I have been sans concertina since June and I am hurtin bad :( i just ask for a decent player. Looks dont bother me.

Thanks

Talk to John Mahan

He was trying to sell a 26 button Jones a while back http://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=9935

I think he wants around $1200 for it. He got the price from, I believe, Greg Jowaisas (who did some work on the concertina) and I talked to Bob Tedrow who said the price sounded pretty good if it's in good condition.

Hope this helps.

-Lep

I think he wants around $1200 for it. He got the price from, I believe, Greg Jowaisas (who did some work on the concertina) and I talked to Bob Tedrow who said the price sounded pretty good if it's in good condition.

Hope this helps.

I need to point out that, when recently asked, I gave John a "range" of what I thought was a fair price. So please don't quote this as "my" price. That said, as I remember, the concertina is a clean example of a Jones 26b. Steel reeds and a decent player.

Greg

Hi Looking for a decent hybrid or lachenal/Jones. Preferrable 30 button C/G but I'd entertain D's A's or 26 buttons. I am on a low budget of $1400. I have been sans concertina since June and I am hurtin bad :( i just ask for a decent player. Looks dont bother me.

Thanks

[/quoe

Hello Mark...

I still have a very nice Jones26 in C/G for sale.

It is not the fastest 'box' in the world..but has broad steel reeds and a very nice sound.

Plays very well...Everything works on it...it is in very good shape..and was made around late 1800's...

if interested contact me at:I don't log on too often..

e.jmahan@rogers.com

or give me a call at

613-8392531

I live in Ottawa Canada...

best John Mahan

Jones26.bmp