the alfred arnold version of a jedcertina

Marien

Just for curiosity, I have never seen this key layout on a big bandonium...

Maybe something for piano players with supple wrists, flexible bones and long fingers, it is described as a piano bandonion made by Alfred Arnold, It is for sale on ebay germany.

Check it out, I don't know anything about the seller, and I will not bid against you...

Marien

That would be interesting to play. I wish that my German were better so that I could ask him how much shipping would be to the USA.

I asked him for you. I will add information as soon as he answer.

Btw: Most Germans do speak more or less good english (mine is poor), so asking in english is no problem mostly.

Have got the answer: Shipping to USA would be 32 Euro (what should be around 47 US$ at the moment).

Edited by Miasmamann

We may be driving up the price by talking about it on a public forum :ph34r:

I am not surprised that the price is going up. After all it is a "real Alfred Arnold" and it looks very clean. It maybe in unplayed condition but then the question is why? I suspect it is because the system - like the Jedcertina - is not very popular and may be difficult to play. It is like playing piano with hands in a concertina strap. You can´t fly up and down the keyboard with your hands and using the thumb may be restricted to the air button.

There are some more discussion topics about jedcertinas on concertina net.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

editied to correct a typo

Edited by marien

That's possible. I did get a Genus chinese hybrid with the c-system fingering to try but this one WAS interesting. The seller never wrote back to say if it was unisonic though I'd think that it was.

Thanks for pointing it out anyway. Those wacky Germans. No wonder I married one :D