For Sale Genuns-Wakker 48Key Baritone English Concertina

skytimes

This is a letter I received from Wim Wakker about this insturment.

Concertina Connection Inc.

& Wakker Concertinas

Hi Thorn,

I checked your instrument and made a few adjustments to the action.

Your instrument is a Geuns-Wakker model, not a Wakker concertina with traditional concertina reeds. We

built a small number of English and anglo concertinas with Harry Geuns (Belgium). Harry is considered to be

one of the world's leading bandoneon makers.

Your instrument is a 48 key baritone hybrid (accordion reeds) English, built in 2001. It has French polished

amboyna veneers and all leather bellows. It is in excellent condition .

Unlike most hybrid concertinas on the market, your instrument is built the traditional way: quarter sawn cured

wood, glued with hide glue (acoustically invisible), French polished, Morocco goat skin bellows, and the action

has a double guided posts and it has metal capped buttons.

The standard hybrids on the market do not use tone woods, are glued with insulating wood glue and

resonance restricting finishes, have plastic buttons, sheep skin bellows, etc.. Quality wise, your instrument is

much better and comparable to the custom Rose, which also is traditionally built hybrid english.

Regards,

Wim Wakker

Concertina Connection Inc.

Wakker Concertinas

9811 South Big Rock Lane, P.O. Box 211, Valleyford, WA 99036 USA • T: 509-922-1626

I am asking $3500.00 plus shipping. It comes with the original hard shell case.

you can contact me at skytimes@gmail.com

Thom Switzer

post-11121-0-06107300-1395703745_thumb.jpg

not sure I understand this---per the Wakker site, the top-of-his-hybrid-line "Custom" hybrid Rose model that comes in baritone or treble and features premium Wakker bellows, French-polished ends, and your choice of tone woods currently runs $3400 for a brand-new instrument. But this 13-year-old hybrid is priced at $3500? Is that what is being said here?

Edited by ceemonster

not sure I understand this---per the Wakker site, the top-of-his-hybrid-line "Custom" hybrid Rose model that comes in baritone or treble and features premium Wakker bellows, French-polished ends, and your choice of tone woods currently runs $3400 for a brand-new instrument. But this 13-year-old hybrid is priced at $3500? Is that what is being said here?

I thought that the Rose was only available as a treble.

I thought that the Rose was only available as a treble.

That appears still to be the case - at least Wim had mentioned in Nov 2012 that CC would offer a baritone Rose "in the near future", but have no plans for a tenor....

(and as to the price, I don't believe the $3.400 pricing will apply to the baritone then...)

Edited by blue eyed sailor

[(and as to the price, I don't believe the $3.400 pricing will apply to the baritone then...)] not so sure about that..his face page says that baritones are available. ..the Morse Geordies are Morse's premium line, and the baritone costs the same as the Geordie Tenor, and both are not hugely more than their regular Albion EC.....if Wakker's "Custom" Rose baritone isn't $3400, I doubt that it's way over that....