Micilín Conlon's Cottage For Sale

• 7 months later...

Nice place, thanks for posting. Interesting that they don't mention the previous owners. You'd think that the Russell name would mean something to at least a fraction of potential buyers, especially being that close to Doolin.

Nice place, thanks for posting. Interesting that they don't mention the previous owners. You'd think that the Russell name would mean something to at least a fraction of potential buyers, especially being that close to Doolin.

I believe it was up for auction a few years ago but didn't sell (or didn't make the reserve). This is the house the Russells built during the sixties, their birthplace is lower down, beautifully restored and for rent as a holdiday cottage.

I don't know, 8 acres of bare, poor land, house along the main road with the tourbusses whizzing by. You have the view on a good day but no shelter the rest of the time.

TheRussellBrothers_zpsyzqod5xn.jpeg

I took this one about two years ago, nothing much has changed there since:

DoolinDSC_3950_zpswa6mj4eh.jpg

Edited by Peter Laban

• 3 years later...
On 9/22/2016 at 4:09 PM, Stephen Chambers said:

... I recognise the image of him from Leo Hogan's mural (long gone too!) on the burnt-out hotel next to the Roadside Tavern. I even ended up sharing the spare bed in Micilín's house with Leo (his nephew, I seem to remember) one night! :rolleyes:

Here's a link to a photo (taken by Jill Freedman) of that mural: https://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/news-photo/irish-musician-micho-russell-playing-his-tin-whistle-news-photo/467754477?adppopup=true