Concertina History

The Reverend Alex Richards (probably Gulgong, New South Wales) died some time ago. There is a Cd of him playing but have not heard of a book or any writing. If anyone would know it would probably be Richard Evans.

Chris

The Reverend Alex Richards (probably Gulgong, New South Wales) died some time ago. There is a Cd of him playing but have not heard of a book or any writing. If anyone would know it would probably be Richard Evans.

Chris

On mudcat there is a message from Bob Bolton that h had assembeled a CD of the playing of Rev. Alex Richards. I have his email here. I will shoot him a message and ask him about it.

• 1 month later...

The good Reverend played English concertina in a very disciplined style that really brought out the potential of the instrument. He undertook to teach a group of players including Peter McLaren, Helen Romeo, Greg Wilson, Richard Evans and Kinglsey Forbes-Smith, and possibly others, in about 1984. He passed away a few years later.

I am not aware of a book or intended book but he may have provided some instructional notes.

Dave