Just the way you look tonight

Alan Day

One for the ladies

"Just the way you look tonight" played on my CG Jeffries

You may need to lower the treble a little when you are listening

Al

Ps this is not Scottish

Sounds vaguely Scottish to me. ;)

I'm glad that you recorded this on the C/G; nicer tone (in my opinion). Let's hope it has the desired effect on your Fans' Club numbers.

Regards,

Peter.

One for the ladies

Al

Ps this is not Scottish

Sounds vaguely Scottish to me. ;)

I'm glad that you recorded this on the C/G; nicer tone (in my opinion). Let's hope it has the desired effect on your Fans' Club numbers.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks Peter

Oops there's a lady knocking on the door now!!

Al

One for the ladies

Al

Ps this is not Scottish

Al, you recently apologised for audible foot- tapping on one of your postings. I reckon that a bit of audible foot-tapping along with this sort of strict tempo dance music is not inappropriate and could indeed enhance this style of music, in much the same way as the best of the old style tap-dancers played a key role along with the rythm section. It would need to be done with appropriate finesse. The tap-dancers wore specially adapted shoes but we shouldn't let that deter us...or should we ? ! Rod

One for the ladies

Al

Ps this is not Scottish

Al, you recently apologised for audible foot- tapping on one of your postings. I reckon that a bit of audible foot-tapping along with this sort of strict tempo dance music is not inappropriate and could indeed enhance this style of music, in much the same way as the best of the old style tap-dancers played a key role along with the rythm section. It would need to be done with appropriate finesse. The tap-dancers wore specially adapted shoes but we shouldn't let that deter us...or should we ? ! Rod

Tap dancing is one of those things I have always wished I could do. Many a time as a salesman standing on a stone, or tiled floor in an echoing room waiting for the person to arrive I thought of 42nd Street and just wished I could tap away. (not saying I never tried it). I think of the same tune when I see a piano.

One of these days (another tune) I will post it on here just to get it out of my system.

As for this tune even Fred Astaire would have had a bit of a problem with this Foxtrot.

Al :rolleyes:

One for the ladies

Al

Ps this is not Scottish

Really enjoyed that, Alan. Always liked that tune.

One for the ladies

Al

Ps this is not Scottish

Tap dancing is one of those things I have always wished I could do. Many a time as a salesman standing on a stone, or tiled floor in an echoing room waiting for the person to arrive I thought of 42nd Street and just wished I could tap away. (not saying I never tried it). I think of the same tune when I see a piano.

One of these days (another tune) I will post it on here just to get it out of my system.

As for this tune even Fred Astaire would have had a bit of a problem with this Foxtrot.

Yes....'Just the way you look tonight' is hardly first choice for a tap-dance melody...to put it mildly ! Rod

I tried it last night and it makes a nice hornpipe so would be OK for hard shoe step dance. 4/4 with cross 6/8 rhythm for the fancy footwork

With or without the Hat & Cane ?

Al, 'Happy feet, I've got those happy feet.....'. I assume you do request numbers ? Rod

I tried it last night and it makes a nice hornpipe so would be OK for hard shoe step dance. 4/4 with cross 6/8 rhythm for the fancy footwork

Al, 'Happy feet, I've got those happy feet.....'. I assume you do request numbers ? Rod

I assume you are not talking about the dancing penguins?

Al

Just my wooly 'Compo' hat and the Zimmer frame for support.. years of sports and morris and clog dancing has knackered the knees but I still like a shuffle and a cross the buckle ( they can't touch you for it)

Just my wooly 'Compo' hat and the Zimmer frame for support.. years of sports and morris and clog dancing has knackered the knees but I still like a shuffle and a cross the buckle ( they can't touch you for it)

Indeed not,you can't beat a good shuffle.

Al

I assume you are not talking about the dancing penguins?

Al

OOps the Dancing penguins are dancing to this tune on a clip I have just found. I think it's the Cab Calloway version.

Al