Does anyone else here use a Triple Case?

I'm just wondering if anyone else here actually uses a Triple Concertina Case?

My Wheatstone Æola Baritone English & my Wheatstone Æola Tenor/Treble English actually go in the same case as my G/D Lachenal Anglo:

2667120600102727105S200x200Q85.jpg

2335103290102727105S200x200Q85.jpg

2956985820102727105S200x200Q85.jpg

2145524120102727105S200x200Q85.jpg

N.B. I don't fly, so this case only ever travels in my car.

Cheers

Dick

I have a fibreglass pipes case bought from Hobgoblin in about 1984/5 that will hold three Anglos.

You have to check that the case has been cut deep enough when it comes out of the mould as not all of them will be the full depth needed.

Over time the hinges become a bit flexible and the lid flexes so I have a strap around it as a safety precaution. Also don't rely on it being shower-proof in the rain as it can get in along the join of base and lid.

Robin Madge

Mine was built for me by Andrew Blakeney-Edwards as a Christmas present and is still going strong after 30 years of constant use. It has been known to double as an overnight bag with the central space holding a few CDs, toothbrush, and a change of socks!

Mine was built for me by Andrew Blakeney-Edwards as a Christmas present and is still going strong after 30 years of constant use. It has been known to double as an overnight bag with the central space holding a few CDs, toothbrush, and a change of socks!

Brilliant Roger, thanks for the photo.

I'm curious though, what are all those Concertinas?

By the way, your "toothbrush, and a change of socks!" reminds me of a friend who arrived at Miltown Malbay one year, back in the 70s, with a Fiddle case under his arm. Inside he had a spare shirt, underpants & a toothbrush .... plus his Whistle .... he didn't even play the Fiddle! :lol:

I have a fibreglass pipes case bought from Hobgoblin in about 1984/5 that will hold three Anglos.

You have to check that the case has been cut deep enough when it comes out of the mould as not all of them will be the full depth needed.

Over time the hinges become a bit flexible and the lid flexes so I have a strap around it as a safety precaution. Also don't rely on it being shower-proof in the rain as it can get in along the join of base and lid.

Robin Madge

Hey Robin, any chance of you posting a photo. ;)

I'm curious to see what your case looks like?

Cheers

Dick

Yes. Built it meself, last year. About 3/4 inch padded insulation all round, for Texas heat. Added a humidifier, for dry winter central heat.

Come Armageddon, we may all be smithereens, but those concertinas won't be!

Edited by Dan Worrall

Yes. Built it meself, last year. About 3/4 inch padded insulation all round, for Texas heat. Added a humidifier, for dry winter central heat.

Come Armageddon, we may all be smithereens, but those concertinas won't be!

Excellent work Dan.

Looks like Triple Cases might be a lot more common than I originally thought.

By the way, I'm curious to know what each of those Concertinas is?

Is it an optical illusion or is the one on the right a little larger?

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan