Dudelsack

m3838

What's a Dudelsack

Well, Priscilla mentioned one in a thread on her Renelli:

Just as an aside...as I was enjoying the snowy scenery outside the window and discovering so many pretty combinations of notes...a barbarian shouted from down the hall, Stop the Dudelsack! Isn't a dudelsack a kind of bagpipes? Should I be flattered or insulted? I guess... flattered that it sounded like some recognizable instrument, but insulted that I was being requested to stop. So... my red-headed Renelli shall play on, in spite of unappreciative and undiscerning audience. Do people mistake the sound of your concertina for bagpipes?

:rolleyes:

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.

We found this tune, called "Dudelsack", written ca. 1600.

What's a Dudelsack and if anybody knows this tune, is it French, English, Scottish?

Here it is, played by Danielle's teacher

Hi,

There are many tunes called dudelsack. It will be of german origin, otherwise it may be edited in the german language. To try and find the tune, it may help if you say what is the exact source, where did you find it, who was the editor/writer. Does it say anything more than "dudelsack" and the year in your source? Any additional info may help.

Marien

Hi.

We found this tune, called "Dudelsack", written ca. 1600.

What's a Dudelsack and if anybody knows this tune, is it French, English, Scottish?

Here it is, played by Danielle's teacher

Hi,

There are many tunes called dudelsack. It will be of german origin, otherwise it may be edited in the german language. To try and find the tune, it may help if you say what is the exact source, where did you find it, who was the editor/writer. Does it say anything more than "dudelsack" and the year in your source? Any additional info may help.

Marien

"An Introduction to

CLASSICS TO MODERNS"

Forty very easy original keyboard pieces

selected and edited by Denes Agay

Page3, Dudelsack (bagpipe)

Unknown composer (ca. 1600)