Another Expensive Concertina On E-bay

Well, I wouldn't want what I wrote to be taken to mean that all concertinas by these makers were or are about the same quality.

I didn't take it that way. I understand the potential for variation in original quality and current condition. I have a Jeffries. Photographs are the only way I know some of the others. I'm still at the stage of learning the more general things. I'm interested in things like who made Anglos when and which were and are considered best and why. I'll buy the book if you write it.

E

-...think of all those poor, homeless, woodworms !  :(

A serious digression, I realize, but that made me think of the time (early 1970's was it?) that the NYC pier owners started complaining about the cleanup of pollution in New York Harbor. Seems that the pollution had eliminated the worms that ate into the wooden pilings of the piers, but now they were returning. :o

Paul,

My earlier question, about what aspect of playing devalued a concertina, wasn't totally rhetorical, so I hope you didn't take it as being sarcastic or anything like that. I am always submitting posts only to realise the next day that it doesn'r quite come over as I meant it.

Clive

Clive,

Actually I was worried I might have been taking your question too literally, and that I came off as sounding condescending... I am used to teaching beginners and to talking with those who know very little about concertinas, so I tend to answer basic questions from the ground up. I realize you know most or all the facts in my answer (though you may not know how they relate to my particular, possibly eccentric opinions), but some of these facts may have been "news" to other readers.

Paul