Two-notes vs. Three-notes chords

Are we talking of the same fat old Henry 8 who lopped of his wives' heads ?

I assumed we were and if so he died and was not deposed.

Ian

Indeed--and (just to be pedantic) it's my understanding that though he's popularly credited with "Greensleeves," he didn't write it. He did, however, write numerous other tunes, and was an excellent lutenist.

jdms

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may be talking of 'He of the Red Head, Prince - ' Afghanistan - 'Harry' current Prince of Summat' - The Inconsequential and Irelevent' But Costalot' Just shows how in the old days people aquired mythic status.

I was once taking my kids round North Wales in the 70s to go climbing. We passed a tatty and naff bungalow near Bettws y Coed 'and someone (probably a Banker from Liverpool) had laid down 7 white painted concrete breeze block/'stones on their grass verge to stop people parking) I expounded to my kids ( we were reading 'The Hobbit' at the time ), ' Behold! It is the Seven White Stones of Penrryn do Deuiudrass 'a Groes Rocheas

They took it in and felt for a long time that I knew and spoke ancient Welsh- Celtic and have access to the wisdom of the ages!

Now they know better , but they want the grandkids to believe it. It's our little secret.

Edited by michael sam wild

Are we talking of the same fat old Henry 8 who lopped of his wives' heads ?

I assumed we were and if so he died and was not deposed.

Ian

Indeed--and (just to be pedantic) it's my understanding that though he's popularly credited with "Greensleeves," he didn't write it. He did, however, write numerous other tunes, and was an excellent lutenist.

jdms

And a nifty dancer too with a nice line in calf muscles and a good dancer of galliards as a young man before bits started to fall off him when active or when he pulled his socks off - Yuk!!