How bad can it be?

Ishtar

We all know those accordion jokes, yes? The difference between a dead accordionist and a dead skunk. Welcome to Hell, here's your accordion.

I was having a squeeze today, and thought I was doing okay, and my son said to me out of the blue "You should take up the accordion, it would sound better". :huh:

I'm still wondering what he really meant......... :lol:

I was having a squeeze today, and thought I was doing okay, and my son said to me out of the blue "You should take up the accordion, it would sound better". :huh:

Well, um...I'm sure that he meant that...uh....to his ears, it sounded fine....

except that he also wanted to hear some 'left hand bass' along with your melody line. ;)

Or....maybe he figures that if you get an accordion, he can have your 'tina. :unsure:

r

I play both Anglo concertina and piano accordion, though I've been playing concertina longer and concentrating on it again in recent years. My daughter (now 14) recently told me she'd like me to play accordion more because it brings back memories for her of climbing into my accordion case when she was little.

Daniel

except that he also wanted to hear some 'left hand bass' along with your melody line. ;)

Or....maybe he figures that if you get an accordion, he can have your 'tina. :unsure:

r

Hi daniel,

That sounds great. Problem solved. If a son fits the concertina case, then he will like the music!

Marien

I play both Anglo concertina and piano accordion, though I've been playing concertina longer and concentrating on it again in recent years. My daughter (now 14) recently told me she'd like me to play accordion more because it brings back memories for her of climbing into my accordion case when she was little.

Daniel

r

Hi daniel,

That sounds great. Problem solved. If a son fits the concertina case, then he will like the music!

Marien

Marien,

Sorry to have to disillusion you, but my gorgeous little granddaughter is only one-and-a-half months old, and even she wouldn't fit in my concertina case!

Cheers,

John

I've got a son too (now 18) but I don't remember him ever getting into any of my cases. He's now a broad-shouldered guy who's probably at least twice as strong as me.

Both of my kids showed occasional interest in free reeds but they both wound up as low brass players, my son on trombone and my daughter on euphonium. My wife and I both play lots of instruments, but neither of us play brass. I guess they had to make their own paths.

Hi daniel,

Marien

Marien,

Sorry to have to disillusion you, but my gorgeous little granddaughter is only one-and-a-half months old, and even she wouldn't fit in my concertina case!

Cheers,

John