I Fell In Love!

I've got to apologize for saying mean things about my Rochelle when I first got it. That whole push pull thing didn't make sense to me, and I blamed it on the concertina instead of figuring out where the notes were. :unsure:

Anyway, on Friday, I took it out and had a good go on it over the entire weekend, and I'm in love. I love the way my fingers feel when I hit the right notes. I love the way my wife smiles when I play a cute major tune. I love the way my spirit smiles when I play a beautiful, sombre minor tune. And I love that I love the instrument that I bought.

I have a question. This Rochelle is a C/G, and I've seen lots of talk of the different layouts, Wheatstone or Jeffries. Which is the layout on the Rochelle?

Cheers from the guy who's loving stuff today!

I've got to apologize for saying mean things about my Rochelle when I first got it. That whole push pull thing didn't make sense to me, and I blamed it on the concertina instead of figuring out where the notes were. :unsure:

Anyway, on Friday, I took it out and had a good go on it over the entire weekend, and I'm in love. I love the way my fingers feel when I hit the right notes. I love the way my wife smiles when I play a cute major tune. I love the way my spirit smiles when I play a beautiful, sombre minor tune. And I love that I love the instrument that I bought.

I have a question. This Rochelle is a C/G, and I've seen lots of talk of the different layouts, Wheatstone or Jeffries. Which is the layout on the Rochelle?

Wheatstone layout is used from what I remember and yes they are wonderful instruments to play. Just wait till the bellows get a little bit more flexable and you can really play the dickens out of it and get to a pretty fast tempo out of them. Than comes the fun of being able to doing complex chords and working out the best pattern of buttons for doing songs that repeat. The free reed family is a lot of fun and concertina in particular.

Michael

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions. But congratulations on being in love, the world sure needs more squeezy love! :)

Ha Ha Just as you might expect. ;)

Now an Englishman would have answered your technical questions ....... with technical answers. :rolleyes:

But what do we get back from France ........ a response about LOVE 6.gif 6.gif 6.gif

Maybe it's down to all that Wine they drink over there! 2.gif

:lol:

Cheers

Dick

Wheatstone layout is used from what I remember and yes they are wonderful instruments to play. Just wait till the bellows get a little bit more flexable and you can really play the dickens out of it and get to a pretty fast tempo out of them. Than comes the fun of being able to doing complex chords and working out the best pattern of buttons for doing songs that repeat. The free reed family is a lot of fun and concertina in particular.

Michael

SEE, I TOLD YOU! .......Na Na Ne Na Na :ph34r:

Well there it is. It's too late to change your mind now (it was too late when you first thought of buying your Rochelle, of course). If you want to know what your future holds, just search the forum on COAD (Concertina Obsessive Acquisition Disorder).

Cheers,

Chris

Well there it is. It's too late to change your mind now (it was too late when you first thought of buying your Rochelle, of course). If you want to know what your future holds, just search the forum on COAD (Concertina Obsessive Acquisition Disorder).

Cheers,

Chris

Yup, most of my spare time is spent on Ebay already, then onto XE.com to find out how much these lovely little things cost in Yen. :blink:

quote]

Yup, most of my spare time is spent on Ebay already, then onto XE.com to find out how much these lovely little things cost in Yen. :blink:

Does this count as infidelity 'cos I thought you were saving up to buy my tenor/treble English?!

Does this count as infidelity 'cos I thought you were saving up to buy my tenor/treble English?!

Nope, not infidelity, just a great deal of confusion. 5 days ago, I was a dedicated English player who happened to own a Rochelle. Now I'm an aspiring guitar / mandolin / bohdran / English / Anglo player who owns mediocre instruments (except for my mandolin, which I made myself, and is pretty top notch in my books), and longs for the best of them all.

Didn't you bring the tenor treble to a festival last week? I thought it would be sold for sure. A Dipper restored tenor treble couldn't be a hard thing get a decent price for, surely...

(My endorsement, for what it's worth :D )

Besides, we all know that looking doesn't mean buying... right? Anyway, I've made arrangements (I think) so that in a couple of months, my concertina desires will be met... :wub:

Worry not, I was joking.

The so called credit crunch seems to be having an effect; lots of admiration but no one with the cash last weekend.

Whatever instrument you go for I wish you lots of enjoyable music making.