Mystery Metal-end Anglo?

stella24

I suppose somebody in the know here is waiting to pounce and wanting to keep it quiet.

I don't know what it is either, so I can't help. From my observations, the expert members of this forum are willing to share their knowledge and experience freely and without any commercial or personal gain considerations. But, since you preface your query by questioning their integrity, it is hardly surprising that they did not feel the urge to put personal time any effort into providing you with a free expert opinion.

I suppose somebody in the know here is waiting to pounce and wanting to keep it quiet.

I don't know what it is either, so I can't help. From my observations, the expert members of this forum are willing to share their knowledge and experience freely and without any commercial or personal gain considerations. But, since you preface your query by questioning their integrity, it is hardly surprising that they did not feel the urge to put personal time any effort into providing you with a free expert opinion.

Goodness!! So quick to form an opinion about an innocent inquiry and a weak attempt at humor! that sure hit a brick wall, lighten up! music is beautiful and making it is even better, aye! think i'll have another glass of chianti and watch the end of this auction play out. Somebody thinks it worth something, it's now over 4g u.s. playmoney. :lol:

ended for over 7,000. whew! hope it's a goodun. his grandfather played the heck out of it. he must of favored the sound. I'm beginning to think that instruments are a better hedge against inflation than gold.

I wouldn't be surprised if the buyer had paid the seller a visit and tried out the concertina. The seller was in London, after all, with lots of potential buyers nearby.

Went for guts of Euro 5000 ... glad I didn't think about it too much. Can't imagine spending that sort of cash on basis of a few photographs and memories.

I had this pegged as a Jeffries from the Praed Street years before they were badged as Jeffries Bros.

Given the recent results from eBay and auctions where scruffy looking unrestored 38 key instruments of unknown history have sold for total costs of over £4,000 and over £5,000, £3,600 for a respectable looking instrument where one could talk to the seller and hear it played before purchase seems very reasonable - even if there remain doubts over the key, the quality of the reeds and so on.

I know a 45 key box with metal hand rails isn't the most popular, but I'd have said this was a bargain (or exactly the right price and the others were aberrations!).

Alex West