[off Topic] Anybody Here Ever Owned A Theremin?

Or known someone who did? I'm thinking of buying one and can score one new for less than $400. I'm sure it would be hard to get as proficient as someone like Paul Tanner, but heck, I might as well try and see what happens.

Can you afford to hire the Beach Boys to play along with though?

No, neither them nor their studio musicians - that's why I want to do it myself.

Have two Theremins, each for the hand, so you can play two voices. And the volume can be controlled by your feet - tapping's easy, no?

For percussion you can use harmonica on a neck rack. Even several harmonicas, so you can change the keys on a fly.

But do you have a day job? It pays!

I have a pocket Theremin - no really. Not a serious musical instrument but quite a lot of fun, especially when routed through a reverb/fx unit. There always seems to be a steady supply of Theremins sold on ebay. I've even seen a Theremin MIDI controller there. Now there's a mind-blowing concept.

Chris

I've even seen a Theremin MIDI controller there. Now there's a mind-blowing concept.
Indeed, so can you make it sound like a concertina I wonder? :blink:

Well, it would have the wave form of a concertina, but the sound? I should have thought nothing like, unless you include that concertina CW designed that had one reed in each end, with the note changed by rollers. That presumably would have been capable of theremin-like glissandos, I imagine.

Chris

Edited to add PS: notice how Stephen has managed to pull the thread back on-topic. Neat one.

Edited by Chris Timson