This Looks Sweet

Cor 18% buyers premium.

Can anyone explain to me what an auction house does for the buyer for the fee? I can never understand why the various international trading standards people don't say "Make up your mind whether you are charging the buyer or the seller; you can't act for both".

I wonder why the very fact that they charge a buyer's premium doesn't knock the 'caveat emptor' bit into touch. After all, doesn't the fact that they are charging the buyer imply some obligation to look after him?

"estimate $300 to $500"

someone is in for a surprise! :rolleyes:

perhaps the estimator worked on the "Antiques Road Show ", though they always seemed to overestimate (not underestimate) when it came to musical instruments.

Its been a long while since I have seen that show (lost interest after an estimate on an arch top guitar I thought sounded like baloney, and the bloated estimate for one of the Traveling Willbury promo guitars).

eight THOUSAND BUCKS?!?!?!?!?

"estimate $300 to $500"

someone is in for a surprise! :rolleyes:

perhaps the estimator worked on the "Antiques Road Show ", though they always seemed to overestimate (not underestimate) when it came to musical instruments.

Its been a long while since I have seen that show (lost interest after an estimate on an arch top guitar I thought sounded like baloney, and the bloated estimate for one of the Traveling Willbury promo guitars).